Tarnut

TARNUT

A town located on the western edge of the Egyptian some 12 miles (19 km) west of in the province of Minufiyyah. The site of the town is now known as Abu Billu.

Tarnut was a at least as early as the end of the fourth century when Bishop administered in the city (Munier, 1943, p. 11). At the beginning of the a man named Arsinthius appears to have been and Eulogius of Tarnut appears in the lists of who attended the Council of EPHESUS in 431 (Munier, 1943, pp. 12, 14).

  • Kosach, W. Historisches Kartenwerk Ägyptens. Bonn, 1971.
  • Munier, H. Recueil des listes épiscopales de l’église copte. Cairo, 1943.

RANDALL