The Greek Orthodox Church of St. George (OLD CAIRO)

The Greek Orthodox Church of St. George (OLD CAIRO) The Greek Orthodox Church of St. George was constructed over the northern tower of the former river gate of the Babylon fortress. The Arab historian Ibn Duqmaq (1349-1407) assigned the church to the Melkites and mentioned its association with a convent. According to al-Maqrizi (1364-1442) there …

The Greek Orthodox Church of St. George (OLD CAIRO) Read More »