The Anglican Church of St. Mark (ALEXANDRIA)

The Anglican Church of St. Mark (ALEXANDRIA) THIS SPECTACULAR CHURCH IS LOCATED IN TAHRIR SQUARE (al-Manshiya). Muhammad ‘Ali offered the land for the church to the Anglican community in the early nineteenth century. The church foundation stone was laid in 1839, but because of some difficulties, construction was delayed for fifteen years. In April 1855 …

The Anglican Church of St. Mark (ALEXANDRIA) Read More »