A city named in the medieval list of Egyptian bishoprics as the seat of a bishop (Munier, 1943, pp. 49, 55). The list gives Xenedochou as the Greek name of the city and suggests, by the order of presentation, that the city was located in the northeastern part of the Egyptian Delta. However, no settlement with the name Pimandjoili or Xenedochou is to be found in the area today, nor can any town confidently claim to be the successor of the ancient city.
- Munier, H. Recueil des listes épiscopales de l’église copte. Cairo, 1943.
- Timm, S. Das christlich-koptische Ägypten in arabischer Zeit. Wiesbaden, 1988.