A town in the Egyptian Delta located about 5 miles (8 km) northwest of al-Mansurah in the Gharbiyyah province.
Nabaruh first took on an importance for Christians during the patriarchate of MARK II (799-819) when a certain Macarius who administered the district of Sakha urged ‘Abd al-Aziz to write to Patriarch Mark bidding him to establish his residence in Nabaruh. The letter was written and Mark acceded to Macarius’ wishes.
Nabaruh received the patriarch with due respect and Mark resided there in the church dedicated to Macarius from Wadi Habib until his death. Other attestations of Christianity in Nabaruh are lacking, but there is still a Coptic church in the town.
- Timm, S. Das christlich-koptische Ägypten in arabischer Zeit, pt. 4, pp. 1718-19. Wiesbaden, 1988.