Цагаан хийд (SOHAG)

Цагаан хийд (SOHAG)

SHENUTE OF ATRIPE (d. ca. 465) was five or seven years old when his father entrusted him to his maternal uncle, the monk St. Bigul. After a vision that the boy would be a great leader of men, St. Bigul made him a monk and kept him with him. Shenute became head of a monastic federation comprising several for men and women, where the Pachomian Rule of shared work and хатуу тайлбарлаж байсан. Тэрээр Копт хэл дээрх анхны үр бүтээлтэй зохиолч байв жирийн хүмүүсийн. Түүний бүтээлүүдийн ихэнх нь амьд үлдсэн бөгөөд тав, зургадугаар зууны сүм хийдийн амьдралын янз бүрийн талуудын талаархи мэдээллийн төгсгөлгүй эх сурвалж юм.

XII зууны үед Гэгээн Шенутэгийн хийд үйл ажиллагаагаа явуулж байсан боловч аль-Макризи (1442 онд нас баржээ) балгас болсон гэж мэдээлжээ.101 Тавдугаар зууны дунд үед баригдсан сүм амьд үлджээ. Энэ нь гурвалсан ариун газар, баптисм, нартекс бүхий basilican төлөвлөгөөн дээр том шохойн чулуун блокуудаас (иймээс ийм нэртэй болсон) баригдсан юм. Сүмийн урд талын хананы дагуу зүүн төгсгөлд нь дөрвөлжин өрөө бүхий урт нарийхан танхим ажиллуулдаг нь номын сан байх. Цогцолборын гадна талын өндөр хананд фараоны сүм хийд барихад ихэвчлэн ашигладаг байсан cornice орно.

In the sanctuary, two registers of elaborately decorated are built in the walls. Columns set between the niches carry the architraves for the upper register and the semi-dome. Undoubtedly, the architectural system was once completely painted, as still evident in the church of the Monastery of St. Pshai. Similar niches were set in the walls of the side aisles. The sculpture consisted of reused elements from older buildings and sculpture that was made to order.

VII зуунд гал түймэр сүмийг их хэмжээгээр сүйтгэсэн. Энэ нь хуучин төлөвлөгөөний дагуу итгэлтэйгээр шинэчлэгдэж, багана, капиталыг дахин ашиглав. Ахурусыг гурвалсан дархан газрын өмнө оруулсан боловч одоо байгаа хурусуудыг XI-XII зуунд барьсан байх магадлалтай юм. Эцэг Ванслебийн 1673 онд сүм хийдийн талаар өгсөн тодорхойлолт одоо хүртэл үнэн хэвээр байна: ариун газар нь сүм хийдийн үүргийг гүйцэтгэж байхад хөлөг онгоц ба хажуугийн хажуугийн хонгилууд нь нуралтгүй, балгас болжээ.

Paintings survive in the central and southern semi-domes, and on the ground floor. The eastern semi-dome shows Christ enthroned with the Four Living Creatures surrounded by four medallions with the Evangelists working on their Gospels. Bilingual inscriptions (Coptic and Armenian) date the to the twelfth century and are witness to the presence of Armenians in the monastery at that time. In the southern semi-dome, angels are carrying a triumphal cross in mandorla, flanked by the Virgin ба St. the Baptist. Together, they form a deesis. The Virgin and Child and St. Michael flank the central semi-dome, while an unidentified patriarch was painted on a pillar. Further study will have to prove whether all paintings belong to the same phase of decoration.

of the monastic settlement surrounding the church are in progress. In conjunction with the results of an Шинутегийн бичээсүүдийг судалж, хийдийн шинэ түүхийг бичих болно.

100 Shenute’s literary is being edited and studied by an international group of scholars under the direction of Prof. Stephen Emmel (University of Munster, Germany). This project is part of the Consortium for Research and Conservation in the of the Sohag Region (dir. E.S. Bolman), including work in the Monastery of St. Pshai, and survey and Гэгээн Шенутын сүмийн эргэн тойронд.
101 Эветт ба Батлер 1895, 235-40, 317.
102 Ванслеб 1677,372-76.