ABU AL-MUNA IBN NASIM AL-NAQQASH
Abu al-Muna is mentioned in a manuscript (Coptic Museum, Cairo, Liturgy 301; Graf, no. 167; Simaykah no. 164) that he restored. His name indicates that he or his father was a naqqash (wood inlayer). The small manuscript he restored is bilingual (Coptic and Arabic) and contains the office of prostration (sajdah) used on the day of Pentecost. M. Simaykah attributes it to the fifteenth century, whereas Graf, who is generally more reliable, attributes it to the seventeenth century.
- Graf, G. Catalogue de manuscrits arabes chrétiens conservés au Caire, p. 72. Vatican City, 1934.
KHALIL SAMIR, S. J.