‘ABD AL-MASIH, YASSA (1889-1959)
He taught in the Clerical College and the Higher Institute of Coptic Studies and served as the librarian of the Coptic Museum. He was a competent scholar who specialized in Copto-Arabic literature and the Coptic language. He strove for the preservation of the manuscripts of many monasteries and old churches.
He prepared some catalogs of the manuscripts in his own handwriting, such as those of the libraries of the Monastery of St. Antony and the Monastery of St. Paul. With Marcus Simaka Pasha he published the Catalogue of the Coptic and Arabic Manuscripts in the Coptic Museum, the Patriarchate, the Principal Churches of Cairo and Alexandria and the Monasteries of Egypt, in two volumes, 1939-1942.